The Best OBD2 Scanners For 2022
Every time you see the “Check Engine” light flashing on the dashboard, it’s time to take a trip to the service station. And sometimes, it’s frustrating to find out that the light went on due to a loose fuel cap, something that you could have easily fixed. Life would be a lot easier if we could find out exactly what’s wrong with the car, before we drive down to the service center.
It's actually not that different if you have one OBD2 scanner in your hand. However, there are so many OBD2 scanners in the market. How should I choose? Which one should I purchase? Here, we've put together a list for you.
1. Autel MD806Pro
The MaxiDIAG MD806 Pro is built to take your diagnostic experience to a whole new level. Loaded with oil service reset, battery registration and reset, parking brake pad relearn after replacement, steering angle sensor relearn and diesel particulate filter regeneration functions, MD806 Pro can access ALL available modules for the best diagnosis operations.
- Advanced Auto Scan Technology
- All Modules Diagnoses & Turn off Warning Lights
- 6 Most Useful Services
- Complete OBD2 Functions
13 Languages Supported
Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro is offers oil service reset, battery registration and reset, parking brake pad relearn after replacement, steering angle sensor relearn and diesel particulate filter regeneration functions, MD808 Pro can access ALL available modules for the best diagnosis operations. All that enclosed in a 4-inch hand-held device. there is no better multifunctional scan tool on the market.
- Support Read/Clear Codes and Live Data functions for ALL systems
- Read and clear trouble codes, control and test BMS/Oil Reset/ SRS/EPB/DPF systems
- Support oil service reset
- Support battery registration and reset
- Diesel particulate service including forced regeneration
- Reset steering angle sensor (SAS) functionality
- Relearn parking brake pad after replacement
- Reset service mileage and service intervals
- Turn off ECU brake warning light
- Perform O2 monitor, on-board monitor, I/M readiness and component testing
- Print diagnostic reports via PC connection
- Global OBD II coverage for U.S. domestic, Asian and European makes and models
- All OBD II protocols, all 10 test modes and enhanced OBD II mode 6 support
3. Autel AL629
The AutoLink AL629 is a 4-system code reader. It can read and erase codes in ABS, SRS, Engine, and Transmission systems. It can x manufacturer-specific codes in vehicles 2006 plus, graph/record/playback live data, display live and freeze frame data, and supports all 10 OBDII test modes. The AL629 performs I/M readiness/emissions testing and has enhanced Mode 6 diagnostics. It includes a color screen and an OBDII cable. A 1-year tool warranty and free lifetime software updates are available with purchase.
- Read/erase DTCs for ABS, SRS, engine and transmission
- AutoVIN 2006 plus manufacturer-specific codes
- Tests: O2 monitor, on-board monitor and O2 sensor
- I/M readiness/emissions testing
- Free lifetime software (lifetime of tool)
- Support all 10 OBDII test modes
- Enhanced mode 6 diagnostics
- Graph, record and playback live data
- Display live and freeze frame data
- Covers domestic, Asian and European vehicle manufacturers (1996 plus)
- Includes OBDII cable